A good handbook needs to accurately reflect your company’s policies, practices and benefits. It also communicates to employees what’s expected from them and what they can expect from you. I can review your existing handbook or work with you to develop a new one.
Strategic employee handbook development can be one of the best defenses against employment-related complaints or lawsuits.
These are the basic steps involved in drafting a handbook:
- I will meet with you and help develop appropriate policies for your company;
- Research any special requirements for your industry or location;
- Create a custom draft of the handbook for your review and input;
- Finalize and publish either in print or electronic format;
- Meet with your employees to roll out the new handbook and answer questions;
- Update your employee handbook annually to reflect employment law developments and operational changes.